Chimee Version 3.0
The YouTube video below shows most of the common functions. Feel free to ask a question below if there is anything that you can’t do.
- Keyboard key: single tap to switch to the punctuation keyboard; long press to switch keyboard layouts
- Long press keyboard keys to choose other other letters or written forms
- Double tap the Mongolian A or E key to enter the final letter form for words like BAIN_A or SHIN_E
- Double tap the Mongolian Comma key to enter a period/full stop
- Swipe up on most keys as a shortcut to enter the first long press popup option
- Long press the input window to get more editing options
- Pinch the area around the input window (with two fingers) to change the window size and text size (vertical pinch and horizontal pinch)
Other functions not covered in the video
- Settings: You can activate the Chimee keyboard to use as a system keyboard in any app. However, because of problems with the Android system font for Mongolian, certain words may not display correctly. You can try typing a double “I” for diphthongs. Ex, BAIIN_A
- Settings > Code conversion: You can convert between Menksoft code and Unicode or analyze what code is being used. Chimee supports both Menksoft and Unicode. The Bainu app currently only supports Menksoft code.